If you want to register a trademark, you can do it on your own or contact intellectual property professionals. When trademark registration, you must:
1. Choose a designation for your brand: verbal, graphic or combined.
2. Designate the services and goods you provide and assign them to certain classes in the International Classification of Goods and Services.
3. Check your designation of your trademark for compliance with certain conditions for obtaining legal protection in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Protection of Rights to Trademarks for Goods and Services”.
4. Make an application for registration of trademark, as well as prepare other necessary documents.
5. Attach to the package of collected documents receipt of payment of state. collection.
6. Submit your existing documents to the Ukrainian Institute of Industrial Property, where, if all documents are properly executed, you will be notified of the establishment of the date of filing an application for registration of a trademark </ strong> within weeks.
7. Further, your application will be examined by experts for compliance with the conditions for obtaining legal protection. If your designation meets all the conditions, you will receive a decision on registering a trademark.
8. After receiving the decision, you should pay a fee for issuing a certificate and a fee for publishing statements on registration of a trademark and present proof of your payment to the Ukrainian Institute of Industrial Property within 3 months.
If you decide to register a trademark yourself, then we advise you to familiarize yourself with the Law of Ukraine “On the Protection of Rights to Marks for Goods and Services” and the Rules for drafting and filing an application for issuing a certificate of Ukraine. However, it should be noted that the registration of the trademark process is time consuming and requires adequate resolution of emerging issues. You will encounter conditions that are necessary to obtain legal protection of trademark, you will need to correctly specify the class of goods and services, correctly complete your application, etc. Therefore, we strongly recommend for the best result to seek the help of professionals who will provide quality services for trademark registration.